RSS Search [google9651f8833b922421.html]
blog search directory

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TS Fay and Tornado Rampage

After playing with my StormLab and getting help from "The Guru" I have finally learned how to capture and post radar stills and grabs from level 2 and level 3 data.

Here is a radar grab of level 2 data with the tornado watch that I pulled off my StormLab of TS Fay. She is causing quite a bit of flooding and has spawned a few tornadoes in Florida today with possible damage reported. All in all, the people in Florida have been pretty lucky as Fay could have gone to hurricane strength just before it made landfall and to be honest I thought she would but fortunatly she remained below hurricane strength with winds around 60mph. If you look closely you can make out the "eye" about 18 miles south of Yeehaw junction Florida. I really like the output and display of the level 2 data as it has so much more contrast than level 3
Although it takes quite a bit longer as far as download times go with level 2, the quality is so much better.
Today I was informed that the show "Tornado Rampage" that was set to air on the 9th did not air. After speaking with the production company I am assuming that they did not make slot although they did not say this outright. They did tell me that the show is set to air on September 22 and I am curious to see how it will be.

No comments: