RSS Search [google9651f8833b922421.html]
blog search directory

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wildfires to Blizzards...Crazy Oklahoma Weather!



Above is a little video I shot during the wildfires on 1-29-11. This fire came very close to my house, within a half a block! It is is interesting that we had 70degree temps on the 29th and just 2 days later we were dealing with a monster blizzard, and still are! In fact, currently we have about 14 inches of snow on the ground outside my house with 3.5ft snowdrifts....and it really is not going to go anywhere for a while thanks to very cold temps and a few more "clipper" systems like what we experienced on the 1st. Looks like we will have another shot of some winter precip late this weekend and then again next. Both systems look to be pretty strong and I suspect we will hold on to this "cold dome" for awhile or at least until some of this snow melts.

I can't wait for spring!




No comments: