RSS Search [google9651f8833b922421.html]
blog search directory

Saturday, March 20, 2010

3-20-10 snowstorm round 2 then 3?

Below I have posted a few radar grabs from my StormLab of the ongoing "snowstorm"
As seen in the first image, it appears that we are seeing some dry air push in from the west which could help to limit some of the snow totals over a large area. In looking at model data and profiler data this certainly seems like a real possibility. If this verifies then our snow totals would be much lower than what was originally thought and called for (shame on some of the TV mets in OKC....Yes Mike Morgan, I am talking directly to you.). Of course, we should see a couple more "rounds" of snow through tomorrow morning as the dry air pushes further east and dew points actually come up a little. This will no doubt help to increase the snow totals as another 2-4 inches is expected over my CWA (Tulsa) area.
At this time I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE 22-25 INCHES THAT MIKE MORGAN WAS CALLING FOR IN THE TULSA AREA AND CREEK COUNTY AREA.
In fact, I would think we might be lucky to see 8-10 inches if the latest runs are to be believed.
No doubt I could be wrong as these types of winter storms are very hard to forecast and predict exactly just where the highest total amounts will be. I guess time will tell.





No comments: