RSS Search [google9651f8833b922421.html]
blog search directory

Friday, January 15, 2010

StormLab Level 2 and Level 3 data and severe weather?

Level3

Level2


Have had a few people ask me about what radar products that I use so I thought I would post a few radar grabs of both Level 2 and Level 3 data. The grabs are from my
StormLab 4.0 Supercharged. Both doppler radar grabs show quite a bit of rain ongoing in central and southern Texas as the Low pressure system has moved very little. Could see some real flooding issues if this trend continues....people in these areas should pay attention to local forecasts and media outlets for more info.

Also, in looking at a few of the latest weather models it appears that we could see our first shot of severe weather for the year later next week and then maybe into the weekend.
As I posted in the Extreme Chase Tours blog (see here) if the models verify we could have a decent chance of a few tornadoes. Of course this is still 8-9 days out and things will probably change but it is something to keep an eye out on for sure! Below I have posted the 2m dewpoint and 10 temps for 204 hour from the GFS. Looks like it could get very interesting later next week!!!

No comments: