RSS Search [google9651f8833b922421.html]
blog search directory

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Greensburg on Dateline NBC plus TWC TORNADO WEEK!



Dateline NBC will air some of my Greensburg video tonight during a show called "10 DEATH DEFYING MOMENTS CAPTURED ON CAMERA" from 6pm - 8pm

I am not real sure of the in's and out's of the show but I suspect with a title like that it may be somewhat lame given the circumstance, but I am excited to see what and how they portray the tragidy. As most of you know I have been extremly busy with trying to complete the shows for The Weather Channel regarding Greensburg. The series consists of 2 shows and although I am not exactly sure of the air date, after finally completing it as of today, I am being told that it will air later this month (Feb. 22-27?) I have not been told the name of the shows other than "Storm Stories" but again, I am pretty excited about it. The series will air during TORNADO WEEK and should prove to be pretty interesting. My only issue is that I do not know how they plan on portraying the tragidy that took place.

I think that is one of my biggest fears in dealing with any production company now days and it does not help that Greensburg has been such a big part of my life for the last 2 years. The last thing I would want is for some sort of misrepresentation about the events and what really happened that night. I have done a few other Storm Stories and I suspect they will represent the situation as it was.....at least I hope they do.

I also thought I would post some info for my good friend Jeff Smith. Jeff and company plan on doing another Mission Of Compassion for the folks down in the Lone Grove OK area. For those that do not know, Lone Grove was struck by an EF4 tornado last week and sadly 9 lives were lost. I will post more info and contacts about this within the next few days. If you think you might be willing or wanting to help please feel free to contact Jeff at: stormrider1970@gmail.com

No comments: