RSS Search [google9651f8833b922421.html]
blog search directory

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Possible Tornadoes and swimming pools!

Later today looks like it could get interesting in Nebraska with a few tornadoes possible. Latest model runs(WRF, GFS) are painting some "decent" shear in the order of 25-35kts in this area with CAPE values EXTREME (4000-5000j/kg) per the WRF as seen below.
It also looks like the area from Northern KS to ND will remain active for the next few days as the front slides South. I would not be surprised to see a few reports of tornadoes with such instability. Right about now I am wishing I was already up there and it seems like I think that same thought every year about this time...something about the end of the season blues I think.
Much like trying to squeeze the very last drop of toothpaste out of the tube, that seems to me what my mind is trying to tell me to do. I think thats kinda what every chaser is dealing with these last few weeks and it sucks! The only good things about the end of the season is that every year I find myself shooting more pictures and spending the quality time with the family that they missed so much while I was on the road. Some of that quality time latley was spent putting the pool up. I have posted about it just recently and said I would post some pictures of the kids in the pool when time allowed so:

Nikon D-80 f/ 5.6 at 1/250 ISO 100



Nikon D-80 f/5.6 at 1/60 ISO 100, 85 A warming filter and circular polarizer

No comments: