RSS Search [google9651f8833b922421.html]
blog search directory

Thursday, August 4, 2016

"The Lanny Dean Experience" Storm Chasing Tours USA

Some folks have wondered and questioned, "what's it like chasing with Lanny Dean and Extreme Chase Tours?" As a Storm Chasing Tour owner, I get that very question on  a regular basis. The answer is always very hard to explain....I usually tell them that they just need to be there to really understand what it's like. Not the best answer in the world but one of my past Tour guests and owner of Storm Chasing USA has written a blog that sums up the feeling I have when I am showing my chase tour guests what the weather is doing and basically what it's like when we are on a storm chasing and tornado tour. His link is below but I also thought I would show his picture as well as the blog post he wrote as well below.


http://blog.stormchasingusa.com/2016/05/12/the-lanny-dean-experience/ 










The Lanny Dean experience

I have chased with many different tour guides now and they all have had different personalities and guiding styles. We have the calm and informative style of Charles Edwards and Brian Morganti or the friendly and dedicated style of Gene Robertson and Allan Dietrich. They were all excellent tour guides but I really loved chasing with Lanny Dean.
People sometimes ask me what I find so interesting about storms. I am always a bit surprised by the question, like “How can you not be fascinated by tornadoes?!”. I guess everyone would find a full contrast, destructive tornado fascinating but we all know storm chasing is not like that every day. What makes every day special is the build up, the growing excitement, the let-downs and surprises, and the clues the storms gives you it might produce something spectacular.
That is why you can look at dark coloured, condensed water in the sky for hours – with an adrenalin rush. Often, you have no idea what you are looking at, what might happen or if you have any reasons to be excited – and that is what Lanny Dean brings to the storms. He has seen some 300-400 tornadoes I think but is still over excited about inflow, possible funnel clouds and wall clouds and he really brought that passion (and knowledge) to us guests.
Below is a video I just put up on Youtube that was filmed on our only real chase day of the unlucky tour of May 2014. We saw an anti-cyclonic land spout tornado that day (not in the video) but nothing else really, it still was a spectacular day thanks to the excitement and passion brought by Lanny.




If you think you might be interested in going on a personal and private Storm Chasing Tour/Tornado Tour, check out the website and shoot me an email for more info. Thanks for taking time to read!
-Lanny

No comments: