RSS Search [google9651f8833b922421.html]
blog search directory

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nikon D7000 Silver Award Winner!



Interestingly enough the new Nikon D7000 has won the Silver award through DPREVIEW.
As most people know I am a die hard Nikon shooter and was stoked when I heard of the D7000 press release. This camera was/is supposed to be an upgrade for Nikon D5000, D3000 and D90 shooters. See the link below for camera specs and more info.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond7000/

However, after doing much research on the 7000 compared to some of the other mid range "prosumer" cameras in this class it became very clear that the D7000 is not such a big upgrade at least from the D90.

Currently I have a D90 which I love shooting with. I usually use the Nikkor 50mm 1.8 as my base lens and then the 18-105mm kit as an all around general everyday lens. I don't feel like going into much detail as I will let you do the homework on it but suffice it to say, that if you are shooting with a D90 currently, before you make the upgrade to the D7000 take a look at the specs and rating that Popphoto gave it versus the Canon 60D.

For now I will stick with my D90 and wait until Nikon can figure out the Hot pixel and new sensor issue they have before I make any upgrade. It stands to reason that if you do well with a Sony sensor like Nikon has for many years then stay with what is going good!
Just my two cents!

No comments: